In our support forum at WordPress, a feature request from one of our users reached us 3 days ago. The user asks if it was possible to add automatic captions to the slides in Gutenslider. Every Media Upload can have a
Caption and a
Description in WordPress, so why not use these?
We liked the idea of using existing fields for Gutenslider, which is especially useful for those of us, captioning each photos in their library, for example artists, photographs and other pro WordPress users. So look what we did in the latest Gutenslider release.
- Make sure your Media has captions ( titles, descriptions if you want to use them too).
- Make sure the slider content mode is set to
- Click the
Edit Contentbutton in the block toolbar
- For each individual slide, select the placement and the format of the automatic caption
In Gutenslider Pro and Expert you have the option to bulk edit slides. Especially the content placement and the captions can be edited by changing settings on the parent slider block instead of having to change each individual slide block.
- Make sure your Media has captions ( titles, descriptions if you want to use them too.
- Select the Gutenslider block
- Set the Content Alignment to where you like it
- In the block settings in the
Advancedsection. Find the
Automatic Captionsselector and set it to your desired format
Unsplash Automatic Captions
As Gutenslider works great with unsplash, and they encourage you to add attributions to the images you get from there, and we at Gutenslider love attributing free content creators, automatic attribution works too now.